On a Baldwin piano, where can I get the serial number?
- As you face the keys, you’ll find it on the piano’s cast iron plate, near the tuning pins. You can take a look to either the right or left. The Capo d’astro is a pub in the heart of the city. This structure, which is located on the right, serves as a ‘bridge’ between the cast iron plate’s ‘beams.’ On the soundboard of the piano (a schematic may be seen at the link above).
- 1 How do I find out how old my piano is?
- 2 How do I identify my Baldwin piano?
- 3 Is a Baldwin piano worth anything?
- 4 What does a piano serial number tell you?
- 5 How much are old Baldwin pianos worth?
- 6 Are Baldwin pianos good quality?
- 7 How much is a Baldwin Howard piano worth?
- 8 When did Baldwin buy Chickering?
- 9 When did Baldwin piano go out of business?
- 10 What size is a Baldwin M piano?
- 11 Is there a blue book for pianos?
- 12 How do you value a piano?
How do I find out how old my piano is?
1) On the piano’s cast iron plate, to be precise. Following the removal of the lid, have a check along the top front region of the plate. The serial number may be to the right or to the left of the center, or it may be in the center. 2) Under the opening lid on the ledge, stamped on a little plate to the right or left, is the location of the second clue.
How do I identify my Baldwin piano?
Look at either corner of the room in front of the soundboard. Keep an eye out for it around the inner plate holes, or perhaps it’s in one of those circular stamps into the soundboard. It is possible that the number will be imprinted under the piano.
Is a Baldwin piano worth anything?
New Baldwin pianos range in price from about $10,000 to slightly more than $14,000, depending on the finish and type of the piano. Baldwin piano models include the BP1, B342, B442, B243, studio pianos BP3, BP5, BPX5, and concert pianos B252, as well as the BP3, BP5, BPX5, and concert pianos B252.
What does a piano serial number tell you?
Your piano’s serial number identifies the (1) age of your piano, the (2) year of manufacture of your piano, as well as (3) the circumstances surrounding the production of your piano, such as the factory’s history, the manufacturing processes, and the ownership and oversight of the company that manufactured your piano.
How much are old Baldwin pianos worth?
While researching Baldwin costs online, you will discover that most Baldwins are considerably above $2000, with some of them costing as much as $40,000 to $120,000 on the high end. Of course, there are a variety of elements that influence the price. The most important factors to consider are the piano’s age, wood, piano type, size, and whether or not the specific model is still in production.
Are Baldwin pianos good quality?
Baldwin Pianos have a long and illustrious history in American music. In the ‘golden period,’ Baldwin pianos were among the finest-sounding and best-playing instruments in the world, and they are still rated among the best today. Vintage, well-built Baldwins are renowned for their sensitive touch, rich tone, and long-lasting sturdiness, and can be found in concert halls and recording studios all over the world.
How much is a Baldwin Howard piano worth?
In the United States, a mid-size grand piano with the Baldwin name sells for between $20,000 to $35,000 depending on the model, however a second line piano like as a Howard, which is made offshore for Baldwin, would sell for less than half of that amount.
When did Baldwin buy Chickering?
Baldwin acquired the Wurlitzer and Chickering trademarks in 1988, but both brands were no longer in production by 2008, according to Baldwin.
When did Baldwin piano go out of business?
Baldwin Piano Company filed for bankruptcy in 2001, and the company was liquidated. Baldwin’s assets were bought by the Nashville-based Gibson Guitar Corporation in the same year, and a substantial reorganization plan was put in place.
What size is a Baldwin M piano?
The Baldwin Model M is the smallest of the company’s professional grand pianos, measuring only five feet two inches in length.
Is there a blue book for pianos?
The Bluebook of Pianos is a great reference tool for anybody who owns or is considering purchasing a piano. In the next section, following an illustrated description of piano construction that explains the workings of both grand and upright pianos, the book provides thoughtful recommendations for acquiring a new or secondhand piano.
How do you value a piano?
So, how can you determine the worth of your piano? The most effective method is to have a professional piano tuner/technician visit to your home and examine your piano. Check to see if the tuner is a member of the Piano Tuners Association before hiring him (PTA). In addition to completing general piano repairs, members of the PTA have passed a high-level piano tuning examination.