PianoMart has Cable Nelson pianos for sale, and you may purchase one of these instruments.
|1964||Upright Cable Nelson||$400|
|1978||Beautiful Cable Nelson Upright – plays beautifully||$1,200|
|2001||Excellent Condition, Cable Nelson by Yamaha Upright||$1,500|
- Based on your description and the current state of the piano market, your Cable Nelson spinet piano from 1947 would likely sell for between $175 and $250 in a private sale, provided it is in outstanding condition. I hope this is of assistance, and I wish you the best!
- 1 How much is a cable piano worth?
- 2 Is cable-Nelson a good piano?
- 3 How do I find out how much a piano is worth?
- 4 Is cable a good brand of piano?
- 5 How much does a cable Nelson piano weigh?
- 6 Where is the serial number on a cable Nelson piano?
- 7 Is cable-Nelson made by Yamaha?
- 8 Which brand of piano is best?
- 9 How much does it cost to have a piano tuned?
- 10 Which pianos hold their value?
- 11 Are old pianos worth any money?
- 12 Do old pianos have any value?
- 13 How much is a Hobart m cable piano worth?
- 14 How can you tell how old a piano is?
- 15 Is there a blue book for pianos?
How much is a cable piano worth?
The original Cable Company pianos are worth ranging from $500 to $1,000 in their unrestored condition. When Lindeblad repairs early-American pianos, such as Cable pianos, the value of the instrument might increase by as much as $20,000.
Is cable-Nelson a good piano?
Cable-Nelson continues to exist today as a piano that is so well-established that artists and pianists still regard them as the “number one” piano in terms of durability, product excellence, and high manufacturing standards, among other things.
How do I find out how much a piano is worth?
If you’re looking for a fair market value for a secondhand piano or other consumer item, appraisers will often utilize three separate ways to estimate it: similar sales, depreciation, and idealized value less the cost of restoration.
Is cable a good brand of piano?
Cable created a variety of well-known brand names, including Kingsbury, Wellington, Schiller, Conover, Palmetto, DeKoven, and “Euphona” player pianos, among others. Cable also designed and manufactured a number of other products. In today’s market, Cable-built pianos are among the most beautiful antique pianos we see come through our doors, and they are well worth the effort of repair.
How much does a cable Nelson piano weigh?
Now, 105 years after the company’s founding, Cable-Nelson is resuming its legacy of producing a superb piano at an affordable price. Weighs 456 pounds and is 60 inches wide by 22 inches deep.
Where is the serial number on a cable Nelson piano?
1) On the piano’s cast iron plate, to be precise. Following the removal of the lid, have a check along the top front region of the plate. The serial number may be to the right or to the left of the center, or it may be in the center. 2) Under the opening lid on the ledge, stamped on a little plate to the right or left, is the location of the second clue.
Is cable-Nelson made by Yamaha?
ANAHEIM, Calif. — The Yamaha Corporation of America, Piano Division, will resurrect the iconic Cable-Nelson brand during the Winter NAMM 2006 convention in Anaheim, Calif.
Which brand of piano is best?
The World’s Top Ten Piano Manufacturers
- Selected manufacturers include Bösendorfer, FAZIOLI, Grotrian-Steinweg, Sauter, Steinway Sons, Shigeru Kawai, Yamaha, and Steinway Söhne.
How much does it cost to have a piano tuned?
It costs on average $65 to $225 to tune a piano, with the cost rising to several hundred dollars if the piano requires repeated tuning sessions or repairs. Piano tuning is a skill that should only be performed by qualified specialists.
Which pianos hold their value?
Which pianos hold their value or appreciate the most over time? The most valuable pianos are usually grand pianos. This is mostly due to the fact that they are so pricey that they are seen as a prized asset. Steinway pianos are often the most costly, and they also have the best track record of holding their value over time.
Are old pianos worth any money?
Pianos and organs dating back to the 1800s can be worth anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several tens of thousands of dollars. It is critical that sellers understand the true difference in value between a restored instrument and an unrestored instrument when negotiating with buyers.
Do old pianos have any value?
Although many ancient pianos are useless in the absence of sentimental value, according to Gist, a top-name brand such as a Steinway will keep its value well. Because a piano has hundreds of moving components, it is a time-consuming and specialized business to restore it. It might take up to 70 hours to just clean a piano.
How much is a Hobart m cable piano worth?
Hobart M. Cable pianos have not only retained their worth, but have actually gained in value by a large margin in recent decades. Even partially repaired uprights may bring between $11,000 and $22,000 on the open market.
How can you tell how old a piano is?
In order to calculate the age of your piano, you will need two things:
- The name of the piano’s manufacturer. Please keep in mind that some pianos will have more than one manufacturer’s name on them. The serial number of the piano (NOT the model number) is important. On a vertical piano, open the top and have a look inside to get the serial number.
Is there a blue book for pianos?
The Bluebook of Pianos is a great reference tool for anybody who owns or is considering purchasing a piano. In the next section, following an illustrated description of piano construction that explains the workings of both grand and upright pianos, the book provides thoughtful recommendations for acquiring a new or secondhand piano.