Download the NoteStar Press KitDOWNLOAD
For any Questions about NoteStar, please contact us by phone or email.
(Support is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.)
Send an email to our Customer Support representative.You will be required to login or create a new Yamaha customer account called “My Account” before submitting your email request.
Yamaha Launches Interactive Sheet Music iPad App for Keyboard Players
- Yamaha’s NoteStar allows users to experience playing with a band using professionally recorded audio tracks complete with vocals -
The project is the initiative of the YMH Digital Music Publishing Company, a partnership between the Yamaha Corporation, Hal Leonard Corporation and The Music Sales Group. Yamaha led the development effort and licensed sheet music-rendering technology from the music technology company, Noteflight, LLC.
The app features:
- Hands-free, smooth flowing and easy-to-read transcriptions of keyboard sheet music
- Professionally recorded audio backing tracks synchronized with sheet music
- Automatic sheet music display and cursor positioning that is synchronized with the audio
- Playback control features including A-B looping, track muting and metronome on/off
- Several note size options with automatic sheet music resizing
- Option to play songs in different key signatures
- Option to play at half and three quarter speed without changing the pitch
- Displays in both portrait and landscape orientations
- A catalog of chart-topping hits and all-time favorites hand-picked for keyboard players
"The way consumers are enjoying and playing music is changing, and the introduction of NoteStar acknowledges that our customers are looking for innovative ways to learn and perform music," said Tak Nakata, Senior Executive Officer at the Yamaha Corporation. "This app allows users to not only learn their favorite songs, but also to get the full experience and sound of playing the keyboard with a professional backing band."
"Yamaha is an innovator in the keyboard industry, and we're thrilled to partner with them," said Joe Berkovitz, President at Noteflight. "NoteStar leverages what's best from all the companies that have participated in building the app, bringing a new way of reading and playing to Yamaha customers across the world. I anticipate even more from our partnership, as many more exciting products await us."
More information about NoteStar
Download the app on the App Store
About Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc.
Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc. (YMIA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Yamaha Corporation of Japan. YMIA was founded in 2000 in New York City to establish digital content services for customers of Yamaha's Keyboards and other musical instruments.
More information about YMIA's products and services
About the Yamaha Corporation
Since its founding in 1887, the Yamaha Group has developed its business activities focusing on musical instruments, audio products, Yamaha music schools, and other products and services related to sound and music. We are pleased, indeed, that Yamaha touches on the lives of and brings joy to so many people around the world.